Drug Rehab Near Me
Drug rehabs are centers that provide programs, therapies, and counseling that is aimed at treating a specific addiction. The issue could be drug abuse, alcohol use disorder, or Opioid Use Disorder (OUD), and the rehab treatment/programs will differ based on the condition treated. Drug rehabs provide individuals with drug addiction, the hope, assistance, and care they need to overcome their disease and make positive changes in their lives by adapting their behaviors. Individuals will gain the opportunity to learn about healthy coping skills, impulse control, emotional regulation skills, and drug refusal strategies that will benefit them in refraining from the addiction. However, for a drug rehab center or program to be useful, the individual should have the desire to change his/her way of living and should take efforts to follow the program to completion successfully.
As you take on the brave decision to address your drug addiction, you should find the best rehab center or program for your condition. Consider the following guidelines when looking for the best rehab center that is available in your area:
- There are various types of rehab centers; find a rehab center that treats your specific issue. For example, if you have OUD, you should look for a rehab center that offers medication-assisted treatment, counseling, and therapies for that particular disorder. Some rehab centers only offer programs for a specific addiction, while others provide treatments for a wide range of issues. You should do some research and choose the one in which you are most comfortable.
- Some rehab centers only treat a specific group of people – for example, executives, lawyers, females, or LGBTQs. Inquire with the rehabs about their environment and patient population and enroll in a center that is welcoming. You can also opt for a rehab center with a more diverse population.
- There are two main types of rehab centers – inpatient and outpatient. Inpatient rehabs are centers that allow individuals to reside in the facility to receive treatments, therapies, and counseling. In contrast, outpatient rehabs enable individuals to continue their routine lives while receiving treatments on a part-time basis. Some centers only provide inpatient or outpatient programs, and some offer both: hence, you should decide which is more convenient for you before enrolling in a center.
- Rehab centers differ between the facilities they provide for patients. Some offer basic facilities, whereas others are renowned for more luxury facilities. If you wish to enroll in an inpatient rehab program, you’ll want to weigh these two options with the budget you have allocated.
Finally, you should also seek the advice of a professional to guide you along this challenging journey and to help you find the most appropriate rehab center.
Drug Rehab Statistics Success Rates
A drug rehab program is one of the most effective ways to overcome a drug addiction. A typical rehab program provides you with the care, support, therapies, and counseling to treat your addiction and to help you maintain sobriety. According to statistics, 73% of inpatients complete their treatment, of which around 21% remain sober after five years. For residential treatment, this percentage is about 51 for patients who complete the treatment, of which approximately 21% remain sober after five years. For detox treatment, 33% of patients complete their treatment, of which around 17% remain sober after five years. For outpatient drug-free treatments, 43% of patients complete the program successfully, of which about 18% remain sober even after five years.
These statistics may cloud your thoughts and may make you wonder about the effectiveness of the rehab programs. However, you should realize that the effectiveness of a rehab program is not just determined by the number of people that remain sober after a few years.
According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy, the many factors that determine the success of a rehab program, apart from remaining sober, are:
- Complete sobriety from addiction, less frequent use of the substance, or smaller consumption of the substance or more extended periods between relapses
- Improvements to the individual’s work, education, and personal life
- Developments to the individual’s physical and mental health
- Lower crimes committed in relation to the addiction
- Less trauma and damage to the individual and those around them
It can be understood from the factors above that complete sobriety is only one of the factors that determine the success of a rehab program, and hence, you can not only take the sobriety of an individual to measure the success of a program. The overall purpose of a rehab program is to improve the quality of life, and this is usually not measured in statistics.
If you or your loved one have a determination to break free from drug addiction and would like to enroll in a rehab center, contact us now for guidance as you take this first step toward recovery.
Headquartered in New Jersey, Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a recognized leader in comprehensive drug and alcohol addiction treatment serving more than 28,000 patients daily in California, Indiana, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. With more than 110 community-based locations, Pinnacle provides a full continuum of quality care for adult men and women which includes medically-monitored detoxification/withdrawal management, inpatient/residential treatment, partial hospitalization/care, sober living, intensive and general outpatient programming, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder. For more information, visit pinnacletreatment.com or call 800-782-1520.
5335 Peters Creek Rd., NW, Suite 1
Roanoke, VA 24019